Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's not a secret anymore :)

Well, they know! They know "it" is a he, and they know he has a name! Our family came over for dinner on Sunday afternoon. Brian's parents and my mom and grandma showed up at 12:30, and we had to wait more than TWO WHOLE HOURS for my dad to make his appearance. (He was coming by on his way home from work). The wait for all of them was torture. It was very amusing to sit back, and hear them discuss what they were "sooo sure" it was gonna be... when my dad finally showed up, I had them all pick a cupcake - pink or blue icing! Dad and Grandma picked pink, Brian's parents and my mom picked blue. It was fun seeing their reaction when they realized who had (and didn't have) the raspberry filling in their cupcakes!

After they all learned that we are having a boy, they then started pestering us on what his name was gonna be. I said "well, some things need to be a surprise! You'll hafta wait 'till he's born!" Well let me tell you, that did NOT go over well! So I said "Oh, but we DO have ONE more surprise!". I presented my mom with a gift... it was the lamb from build-a-bear that I originally gave her back in May for Mother's Day, telling her we were pregnant. I stole it back from her :) On his bib, we embroidered his name!!! And it is...













Wow, was she (and everyone else) surprised! We really love his name! Eugene is my dad and brother's middle name, and my Grandfather (and uncle)'s name is Ron. It worked out perfectly... They all seemed to love his name, and are VERY happy we shared it with them :) It was a great day, and I'm so glad everything is out in the open now! I've never been good at keeping secrets - especially from my family!

Now that we know he's a boy, and that he has a name, and I'm starting to show, and feel him move... it really feels "real" now. Early this morning, around 2 am, Brian was hugging my stomach like it was a pillow... and kissing it. I can't tell you how much that touched me. We already feel like such a family... even though we haven't met our little boy yet. I get an overwhelming feeling of emotion when I think about how Brian and I created this life, and that it's growing inside of me. It's unreal. We're so in love - with eachother, and our little man. I can hardly wait to meet him. For now, i'm *really* loving carrying him.

No comments:

Post a Comment