Monday, February 22, 2010

A month later...

I can't believe our son is a month old. This has been the hardest, busiest, craziest, most rewarding, amazing, fulfilling month of our lives. What a whirlwind it's been.

Like our lives, he's changed SO much. He's gained over THREE POUNDS since leaving the hospital (weighs in at a whopping 10 lbs, 1 oz). He gave us our first REAL smile on February 15th, and does so every single day now. It's the most beautiful site in the world. Cameron is SO alert, and is starting to recognize Bri and I's faces and voices - turns his head to us when one of us talks :) He loves staring at lights - bright things fascinate him! He's also starting to "Coo" and he's discovered his fists, which he loves trying to cram into his mouth.

He's also a pretty good sleeper! He goes down between 9-10, wakes around 1:00ish (Bri takes that feeding, giving me a good stretch of sleep!), then wakes again around 4:00, and sleeps 'till around 7. Unfortunately, he will NOT sleep on his back so we need to go the belly sleeping route. This is not recommended due to an increased risk of SIDS, so we recently purchased a movement detector to give us a bit more peace of mind. He also relies on white noise to be put (and stay) asleep, but I think this 'lil noise machine helps Bri and I sleep too :)

In other happy, wonderful news - Bri and I bought a car! Our Ford had 135k miles on it, and seeing as I'll be going back to work and bringing Cam with me almost every day (and I work about 35 miles away), we needed something much safer, more reliable, and easier to get his carseat in and out of. We found an AMAZING deal on an even more amazing SUV - an '06 Subaru Tribeca Limited. It is SO pretty and fancy shmancy -has all kinds of bells and whistles I'm still trying to learn how to use! All wheel drive, leather, power everything, moonroof, heated seats, heated wiper blades and mirrors, dual temperature control, 6 CD changer, and all sorts of other gizmos I don't really need and probably won't use (but is nice to have!) Best part, we don't break our backs putting his heavy carseat in! Plenty of room for the Goo, too! We just LOVE it...

No comments:

Post a Comment