Tuesday, September 7, 2010

He's on the move!

I cannot even BELIEVE all the changes with our 'lil man since our last update. Here are some of the highlights - all of the following achieved in the span of just over a month!



  1. Cameron started his new daycare on August 2nd. I absolutely LOVE it there, and so does he! All the kids are under 16 months, so all the toys are age appropriate and it is COMPLETELY baby proof, immaculately clean, and the building is very secure. He loves following around all the "big kids" and it's so adorable watching him interact with babies his own age. He's really learning from all of them! I nurse him just before they open in their sleep room, go over on my lunch to nurse him, and again as soon as I pick him up. Therefore, I don't have to pump ONCE and I get to see him so much more than I could before. What a great decision it was to move him there! And a HUGE thank you to my wonderful husband, for sacrificing so much to make my life easier. I know the extra $40 a week is really tough for him but it helps me out beyond measure.

  2. Very soon after his 6 month birthday, he popped TWO toofies (on the bottom, they're so stinkin cute)

  3. We had our very 1st trip to the ER. Cam's temperature was 103.4, he was lethargic and having troubles breathing so we rushed him in. Although his lungs were clear and ears were fine, they put him on antibiotics just to be safe. A few weeks later he was still showing signs of infection, so we brought him to the docs. He was diagnosed with an ear AND sinus infection! Poor kid! So he got more antibiotics. Three weeks later (now), he's still got a cough and runny nose but no temp. We're bringing him in tomorrow for a re-check to be safe. He's pretty much had signs of SOMETHING for the past month, so let's just hope it's either due to teething, or a cold that just won't go away due to the new daycare. (Gotta love those 'lil germ factories!) I'm hoping it's not allergies or yet another infection!

  4. Cameron not only started crawling, but has MASTERED it! He does the army crawl... tries to lift his belly off the floor, but gives up after one or two scoots. I think he's got the mentality of "if it 'aint broke, don't fix it" because he can get around REAL fast! He's always getting into something he's not supposed to. Let the babyproofing begin!

  5. He also stands unassisted! He'll crawl up to the couch, stand right up, and scoot all around it! I think he'll be walking by 10 months, maybe sooner at this rate.

  6. He now waves bye bye! He's only done it twice, but both times was for his Meme and Papa! Daddy and I are trying to teach him "touch down!" in honor of Football Season!

  7. He's also started eating "grown up" food. Mac 'n cheese (not the powdered yucky stuff, but the organic kind from Panera), a mashed banana, and he's fed himself string cheese, a piece of cooked apple, and lots of different crackers. He does GREAT! He loves sitting at the table, and eating with us. Oh, and he's also mastered the sippy cup!

  8. He's learned to play catch and absolutely loves it. We'll roll his big red ball, he'll catch it every time, and roll it back to us.

It's so neat to watch him learn new things. I love how he figures out how each of his toys work. He loves anything that's plastic and makes noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment