Monday, October 4, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Ahhhh, fall. It's a season any true New Englander can appreciate. The cool, crisp air, soft snuggly sweaters and blankets, fairs and festivals, the smells, the flavors, and of course the COLORS! The trees are really starting to pop, and it's the perfect time of year to go for a long drive.

We did just that yesterday - Our 7th annual trip to the Fryeburg fair. It was so much fun to bring Cameron along. He wasn't quite sure what to think about it - I thought for sure he would have been all smiles with the colors, people, animals, etc but "subdued" is a fitting word for how he reacted most of the day. (OK, and he had a small meltdown on the carousel, and also later on when he was overdue for his nap, but thankfully that wasn't anything that couldn't be fixed in the mothers lounge!) Brian and I sure enjoyed the always-fabulous food and people watching, and it was such a nice surprise running into Steph, Andrew and the girls! Overall it was a great day, and it was very cool having our GPS give us "shortcuts" through dirt roads to avoid the hour+ wait in traffic on the way home :)

Saturday my mom and I took Cam to the Apple Harvest Day in Dover. What a WONDERFUL day that was! He was just all smiles the entire time, and adored being on mommy's shoulders! He especially enjoyed listening to the music of the street performers, and was just so gosh darned cute a random stranger wanted to take his picture :)






I posted in my last blog about how Cam's been sick. From age 6-8 months it was one thing after another. Soon after I posted that, he was diagnosed with pneumonia. All the phlegm he had from catching constant colds finally settled in his chest. He was put on Zythromicin and a nebulizer treatment, and that cleared him up in about 10 days. He's been cold/phlem/cough free for a few weeks now. It's GREAT! He's not sleeping as well as he did before he started getting sick, but I'm hoping his 3 am wake time will pass with a bit of sleep training.

That little boy never ceases to amaze me. He's getting really good at standing. He's always doing it with one hand, and has even tried it a few times with NO hands for a few seconds. (Of course he holds on again the second mommy tries to get a picture!)

His verbal skills are improving, too. He now knows I'm "mama" and Brian is "Dada". If i'm home alone with him, and he wants me, he calls out "mamamama". Bri came home the other night, and as soon as Cam saw him he said "Dadadadada!" So cute. He sees Gracie and tries to say "Doggy" but it comes out as "Duh Ga! Duh Ga!"

He's also getting to be a pro at feeding himself. We've moved onto bits of chicken, egg yolks, and mixed vegetables. He also fed himself a meatball I made him - ground turkey, whole grain brown rice, oatmeal, and egg yolk. He LOVED it! His appetite is huge - hard to keep up with him sometimes. BUT, i'm proud to say that i've been exclusively nursing for over 8 months now. I originally thought I was going to need to supplement, but I just increased my pumping (and am hoarding my freezer stash) and so far, so good! I think we JUST might make it to a year which was my goal! Hooray! It's definitely not easy at times, but for us it's definitely been worth the effort.

Brian and I's 3rd Anniversary is in a couple weeks and we each took the entire week off. Our first vacation in a year. We just plan to do a few day trips here and there, an overnight trip to Burlington VT, and another overnight trip to Nashua so that I can film my friend's wedding there. We're both in MUCH need for some time off together, it's been far too long and it's much overdue. Here's hoping the weather cooperates! I am very thankful to learn that I'm getting an unexpected 4% bonus this year, which will be paid right around vacation time - Thank GOODNESS! It couldn't have come at a better time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment